The last date to update your bank account with Aadhar card is now extended up to by March 2018 by the central government. Government is putting up efforts to interlink all the details to a common identity platform. The interlinking of bank account with the aadhar card is the last update from central government regarding the same. Now strict rules are imposed by the government to connect all personal information with new Unique identity – Aadhar card.
Aadhar card and Prominence
Aadhar card is the latest version of personal identity by the central government for the citizens of India. Aadhar card comprises of personal data Incorporated with retinal and biometric identification. Aadhar card is now interlinking all the personal information and entities to its database. Aadhar card gains prominent importance due to it’s biometric and retinal identification technology.
Ways to check the the the account linked to Aadhar card
Linking bank account with Aadhar card is made mandatory by the government. But how to check whether your bank account and Aadhar card are linked.? Two options are there, either you can check using the website or by USSD code format. In the first format,
1.You can simply log in to www.uidai.gov.in website.
2. Click on the ‘ Bank- Aadhar linking status’
3. Now enter your unique aadhar number and captcha code.
4. You will get an OTP password to your registered mobile number.
5. Log In with the new OTP, there you can find the active status of the request.
USSD code format,
1.Enter *99*99*1# on dialer screen
2. Enter your unique aadhar number, click ok
3. Now the interface will display the bank account number registered and interlinked with Aadhar card.
The second method is subject to standard message rates respect to service providers.